- Provides Enhanced Features for Data Acquisition or Multi-zone PID Control Applications
- Supports up to 16 Modular Controller Series Modules
- Stores Module Configuration Information and Automatically Reprograms Replaced Modules
- Protocol Conversion Feature Converts up to 15 Protocols Simultaneously
- Extensive Built-in Driver List Allows Easy Data Mapping to PLCs, PCs, and SCADA Systems
- 2 RS-232 Serial Ports
- 1 RS-422/485 Serial Port
- 10 Base-T/100 Base-TX Ethernet Port
- Independent Serial Ports Provide Virtually Unlimited Integration Methods
- Free UPS Ground Shipping
- UL Listed for use in Hazardous Locations.
The Model CSMSTRLE is a communications and control platform designed for use with Modular Controller Series slave modules. This unit uses a proprietary high speed serial protocol to communicate, via backplane connection, with up to 16 slave modules. Through the same connection, the Master also provides power to the modules.
When powered up, it automatically identifies and addresses connected slave modules. By storing the configuration
information of all of the modules, the CSMSTRLE is able to automatically configure modules if they are replaced.
The Master provides high-speed RS232/422/485 communication ports and an Ethernet port for connection to PCs, PLCs, and SCADA systems. An extensive list of master and slave protocol drivers are available to allow it to share and exchange variable data with external devices. The 10 Base-T/100 Base-TX Ethernet port can also be used to connect and share data with other devices at high speeds.
The design of the Modular Controller Series high density packaging and DIN rail mounting saves time and panel space. The controller snaps easily onto standard top hat (T) profile DIN rail.
The CSMSTRLE is programmed with Crimson® 2.0 or 3.0 software for Windows® 2000 or later platforms. The software is an easy to use, graphical interface which provides a means of communication configuration, as well as commissioning and calibration of new systems.