- Provides Enhanced Features for Data Acquisition or Multi-zone PID Control Applications
- Supports up to 16 Modular Controller Series Modules
- Stores Module Configuration Information and Automatically Reprograms Replaced Modules
- Protocol Conversion Feature Converts up to 15 Protocols Simultaneously
- Extensive Built-in Driver List Allows Easy Data Mapping to PLCs, PCs, and SCADA Systems
- 2 RS-232 Serial Ports
- 1 RS-422/485 Serial Port
- 10 Base-T/100 Base-TX Ethernet Port
- Independent Serial Ports Provide Virtually Unlimited Integration Methods
- UL Listed for use in Hazardous Locations. (See literature for class and division details.)
- CompactFlash ® Slot Allows Process Data to be Logged Directly to CSV Files
- 320 x 240 Virtual HMI Offers Built-in PC-based SCADA Functionality
- Webserver Provides Worldwide Access To Data Logs And Virtual HMI
- Alarm Notifications can be sent via Email or Text Messages
The Model CSMSTRSX is a communications and control platform designed for use with Modular Controller Series slave modules. It uses a proprietary high speed serial protocol to communicate, via backplane connection, with up to 16 slave modules. Through the same connection, the Master also provides power to the modules.
When powered up, it automatically identifies and addresses connected slave modules. By storing the configuration
information of all of the modules, this unit is able to automatically configure modules if they are replaced.
The Master provides high-speed RS232/422/485 communication ports and an Ethernet port for connection to PCs, PLCs, and SCADA systems. An extensive list of master and slave protocol drivers are available to allow the CSMSTRSX to share and exchange variable data with external devices. The 10 Base-T/100 Base-TX Ethernet port can also be used to connect and share data with other devices at high speeds. The virtual HMI feature allows you to create and control an HMI from any networked PC. An onboard CompactFlash slot provides storage for the Master’s
built-in data logger.
The design of the Modular Controller Series high density packaging and DIN rail mounting saves time and panel space. The controller snaps easily onto standard top hat (T) profile DIN rail.
POWER: 24 VDC ± 10%
400 mA min. (1 module)
3.5 Amps max. (16 modules + Expansion Card)
Must use NEC Class 2 or Limited Power Source (LPS) rated power
On-board User Memory: 4 Mbytes of non-volatile Flash memory.
CSMSTRSX: 2 Mbytes
Operating Temperature Range: 0 to 50 °C
Storage Temperature Range: -30 to +70 °C
Operating and Storage Humidity: 80% max relative humidity,
non-condensing, from 0 to 50 °C
Vibration to IEC 68-2-6: Operational 10 to 150 Hz, 1 g.
Shock to IEC 68-2-27: Operational 25 g.
Altitude: Up to 2000 meters
CONSTRUCTION: Case body is burgundy high impact plastic and
stainless steel. For indoor use only. Installation Category II, Pollution
MOUNTING: Snaps onto standard DIN style top hat (T) profile
mounting rails according to EN50022 -35 x 7.5 and -35 x 15
WEIGHT: 15.1 oz (456.4 g)