- Multi-zone PID Control Applications
- Supports up to 16 Modular Controller Series Modules
- Stores Module Configuration Information and Automatically Reprograms Replaced Modules
- Extensive Built-in Driver List Allows Easy Data Mapping to PLCs, PCs, and SCADA Systems
- 2 RS-232 Serial Ports
- 1 RS-422/485 Serial Port
- 10 Base-T/100 Base-TX Ethernet Port
- Independent Serial Ports Provide Virtually Unlimited Integration Methods
The Model CSMSTRV2 is a communications and control platform for use with Modular Controller Series slave modules. It uses a proprietary high speed serial protocol to communicate, via backplane connection, with up to 16 slave modules. Through the same connection, the Master also provides power to the modules.
When powered up, it automatically identifies and addresses connected slave modules. By storing the configuration information of all of the modules, the CSMSTRV2 is able to automatically configure modules if they are replaced.
The Master provides high-speed RS232/422/485 communication ports and an Ethernet port for connection to PCs, PLCs, and SCADA systems. An extensive list of master and slave protocol drivers are available to allow the unit
to share and exchange variable data with external devices. The 10 Base-T/100 Base-TX Ethernet port can also be used to connect and share data with other devices at high speeds.
The CSMSTRV2 was designed as a direct replacement for the original CSMSTRSE. This new model provides benefits such as support via Crimson® 2.0 software, which allows configuration files to be uploaded. To save programming time, files originally created in Crimson 1.0 (.cdb files) may be imported into Crimson 2.0.
The design of the Modular Controller Series high density packaging and DIN rail mounting saves time and panel space. The controller snaps easily onto standard top hat (T) profile DIN rail.